1. What is your athletic/fitness background?
I was a dancer for 17 years, Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Highland. I also did Tae Kwon Do for a few years and was a rock climber and abseiler for a short while. I have been a member of many gyms and did aerobics and weight training.
2. What was your first experience with CrossFit?
Watching it from the footpath at a box on the Coast. It looked like organised chaos.
3. When did you start CrossFit?
4. Why did you choose CrossFit Flourish?
Jo started at Crossfit and loved it so much that I thought I should give it a go.
5. What keeps you coming back to Flourish?
Awesome trainers, members and a fantastic vibe.
6. What suburb/locality do you live in? (eg Jimboomba, Cedar Grove etc)
7. Why do you live in/around Jimboomba – job? school? Other?
We moved here to get away from suburbia, to live on acreage and have our own little piece of paradise.
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
I make 1/12 scale miniature models, I am learning a second language, and I read a lot, mostly non fiction.
9. What do you like about the Jimboomba area?
Jimboomba was once a semi rural town which had that country feel and this is what I used to love about it. Unfortunately, with new estates being built and the population growth its becoming a little too hectic for me.
10. What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
I am so much stronger.
11. What are your goals for 2016?
To have two perfectly working knees.
12. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Give it a go. Don’t listen to what other people say. Everything is scalable and you work to the best of your own ability. Everyone is there for their own reasons however you won’t find any egos or prima donnas – expect to sweat and work hard and have the support and encouragement from not only the trainers but by other members.
13. What’s your favourite & least favourite CrossFit movement?
Favourite are handstand push ups. Least favourite is running. Burpees and I have come to an understanding and as for wall balls….jury is out for that one!
14. What’s your favourite cheat meal?
Chips and Pizza – for breakfast.
15. Anything else you would like to share with your Flourish family?
The fact I have answered these questions is a big thing for me as I’m a very private person.
2 views0 comments