1. What is your athletic/fitness background? As a kid I played plenty of soccer and tennis. After school I was way more into playing music than exercising.
2. What was your first experience with CrossFit? At one of my old jobs, there were a lot of people doing Crossfit and I joined them for lunchtime WODs at work. We didn’t have a lot of weights, so it was mainly WODs like Anne, Cindy, Helen, etc.
3. When did you start CrossFit? 2013.
4. Why did you choose CrossFit Flourish? When I moved out to Jimboomba, there were no Crossfit boxes for a good 20 minute drive. I was pretty disappointed to say the least, but then low and behold Crossfit Flourish popped up just down the road! Thanks again for that!
5. What keeps you coming back to Flourish? I’m definitely addicted to it. Love the atmosphere of the box, the coaching and the community is fantastic. Seriously how good do you feel after a great workout!
6. What suburb/locality do you live in? (eg Jimboomba, Cedar Grove etc) Jimboomba
7. Why do you live in/around Jimboomba – job? school? other? Meg, my wife grew up out here, and loves her horses!
8. How do you like to spend your free time? I love going to the beach or swimming in the pool whenever I can.
9. What do you like about the Jimboomba area? It’s quite laid back and an easy place to relax.
10. What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit? I’m always in front of a computer at work, and as soon as I stop Crossfit, I get burning tight neck/shoulder pain within a few weeks. As soon as I resume Crossfit it always goes away within a week or so. Figure that out! I sleep pretty well too.
11. What are your goals for 2017? I really should focus on getting butterfly pullups and bar muscle ups happening regularly or I’ll never get proficient at them.
12. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit? You definitely won’t regret it.
13. What’s your favourite & least favourite CrossFit movement?
I really like Cleans and weightlifting in general. Interesting things like Rope Climbs and things like Hand Stands are also pretty fun. Least favourite would probably be Burpees.
14. What’s your favourite cheat meal? Spaghetti Bolognese is pretty hard to beat!
15. Anything else you would like to share with your Flourish family? I always thoroughly enjoy WODing with you all!
7 views0 comments