1. What is your athletic/fitness background?
Nil. Absolutely nothing.
2. What was your first experience with CrossFit?
Watching You Tube videos of Rich Froning.
3. When did you start CrossFit?
Participated in a Come and Try day at Flourish in early 2015. Been coming ever since.
4. Why did you choose CrossFit Flourish?
My wife was already attending and I could see how well it was working for her.
5. What keeps you coming back to Flourish?
Great coaches, awesome people and that great feeling of constantly achieving things.
6. What suburb/locality do you live in? (eg Jimboomba, Cedar Grove etc)
7. Why do you live in/around Jimboomba – job? school? Other?
Be close to family.
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
Going to CrossFit competitions, beekeeping, hanging out with my family.
9. What do you like about the Jimboomba area?
Country feel but close to the coast and city.
10. What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
Positive outlook and attitude towards life. There have been lots of physical improvements, but the positive feeling/outlook is the greatest improvement. Also seeing my kids accept movement and activity as a normal part of life.
11. What are your goals for 2017?
Smash the 2017 CrossFit Open; maybe have a go at an adventure race; tick butterfly pull-ups off the list.
12. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
The best day to start is today.
13. What’s your favourite & least favourite CrossFit movement?
My favourite is bar muscle-ups; least favourite is double unders.
14. What’s your favourite cheat meal?
Hot Chilli Pizza.
15. Anything else you would like to share with your Flourish family?
I grew up on the west coast of Scotland on a small island with 7 whiskey distilleries.
6 views0 comments