1. What is your athletic/fitness background?
I’ve been to gyms before but always became bored and lost interest.
2. What was your first experience with CrossFit?
I did the 4 week elements course. It really helped to commit and start a routine.
3. When did you start CrossFit?
I started in January 2015, my wife started in February 2015, and now both my sons are in CrossFit kids and CrossFit teens.
4. Why did you choose CrossFit Flourish?
I needed a new challenge and wanted something that could push me and not become boring and monotonous.
5. What keeps you coming back to Flourish?
I love the sense of community and friendship. I also feel Flourish helps me to strive and reach my goals. I was able to compete in 2 CrossFit competitions last year and Tough Mudder this year which I would never have considered entering before I joined Flourish.
6. What suburb/locality do you live in? (eg Jimboomba, Cedar Grove etc)
7. Why do you live in/around Jimboomba – job? school? Other?
I love the space for my kids to be outdoors.
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
I’m always outside with my family either dirtbike riding, mountain bike riding, surfing or camping.
9. What do you like about the Jimboomba area?
The small community feel.
10. What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
When I started CrossFit I had limited mobility in my shoulder due to a motorbike accident and CrossFit has helped me to have a massive improvement in my shoulder strength.
11. What are your goals for 2016?
I’d like to get my 5K run time down to 20 minutes.
12. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
I recommend it as its great for any levels of fitness and all family members. CrossFit can help you with any mobility or recovery issues.
13. What’s your favourite & least favourite CrossFit movement?
My favourite has to be running, and my least favourite is running – it’s a love hate relationship.
14. What’s your favourite cheat meal?
15. Anything else you would like to share with your Flourish family?
I absolutely love that my family does CrossFit with me. I think It’s great that I can give my children a head start in their fitness for life. I’m looking forward to the day my boys whip my ass in a WOD!
3 views0 comments