1. What is your athletic/fitness background?
Horse Riding. Prior to Crossfit the only exercise I used to do was ride and compete my horses. I didn’t even know what a burpee was, let alone run to the end of the driveway and back.
2. What was your first experience with CrossFit?
Hearing work colleagues discuss it and then I took the Elements classes at Flourish.
3. When did you start CrossFit?
I started Crossfit in the Dec 2014 Elements class.
4. Why did you choose CrossFit Flourish?
I had been thinking about trying Crossfit to get fitter, to improve my riding and core strength & also lose weight. Then Flourish opened near where I work 🙂 . Location convenience definitely helped at the start but now I would travel to Flourish if I needed to.
5. What keeps you coming back to Flourish?
I love the sense of community, the trainers, the flourish family members and very importantly the fact that I trust all of the trainers to push me safely to my limits and constantly surprising myself with what I can actually achieve.
6. What suburb/locality do you live in? (eg Jimboomba, Cedar Grove etc)
7. Why do you live in/around Jimboomba – job? school? Other?
Work and central location to lots of horse events
8. How do you like to spend your free time?
Riding my horse, Crossfit, spending time with my dog Snickers and my family.
9. What do you like about the Jimboomba area?
It has everything you need, it’s central to everything & close to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
10. What are one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit?
Physically the biggest improvement is my ankle has improved 200%, I no longer walk with a limp and I can run further than 50mts. I’m fitter, stronger and leaner (and I can now happily wear my white Jodphurs). Mentally Crossfit has made me change my way of thinking from I couldn’t possibly do that! to I’m going to give it a go and I’m going to get this.
11. What are your goals for 2016?
To just keep pushing myself to improve – little goals completed lead to the big improvements.
12. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Do it, I recommend it 110%, just contact the box and once you have made that first contact just turn up. It will change your life. You will love it.
13. What’s your favourite & least favourite CrossFit movement?
My least favourite movement would have to be Burpees. The most frustrating would be Double-unders. My favourite would be anything on the rig (and I still love rowing).
14. What’s your favourite cheat meal?
I don’t really have a cheat meal, I’m pretty strict with myself but if I do have a naughty, its usually chocolate related.
15. Anything else you would like to share with your Flourish family?
I have found what works for me is just keeping it consistent, I have my set days I train and I turn up regardless of what the work out is even if I feel unmotivated. I also watch what I eat.
10 views0 comments